One Skirt, Three Ways: Gingham Skirts

7:00 PM


HELLO SUNSHINE!!
The weather is FINALLY warming up, so it is time to break out our favorite shorts, dresses, and skirts for the season!!
Chicago summers are my absolute favorite! This city truly comes to life during the summer months, especially after what seemed like the longest winter. I am sure the majority of us stay very busy during the warm months, whether we are spending time with friends and family, attending street fairs or festivals, or enjoying drinks on a city rooftop; every weekend is just as exciting as the next. However, a lot of times I find myself going straight from my day plans into the night. So, I thought I would style my favorite skirt for the season three different ways and hopefully added some inspo to your summer wardrobe.
 

Let's talking about this skirt! I have been living for the gingham trend and completely fell in love with the Paris Ruffle Skirt from August Bay.  I haven't seen a style quite like this and knew I needed it in my closet. This wrap gingham skirt provides a flattering shape for all body types. The ruffles and bow detailing combined add the perfect feminine touch. So, here are some of the styles you can find me in this season. Hope you all enjoy! 

1. Hey, Batter Batter!!


Calling all my sports-loving ladies!!  One of my favorite summer activities is definitely getting a group of friends together for a baseball game. I wanted to style an outfit that combined some sporty elements with the feminine touches of this skirt. 
I paired my Pairs Ruffle Skirt with a denim jacket, solid bodysuit, a pair of white slip-on sneakers, and of course a baseball cap. Depending on how warm it is, you can easily tie the denim jacket around your waist for an effortless look. 



2. Date Night


Now, let's take the Paris Ruffle Skirt from day to night. 
I love a good monochromatic look and wanted to incorporate that with this cute gingham pattern. I added a studded leather jacket (for all the girls, like myself that are always cold) and tucked in a black silk cami and paired it with my most comfortable black heels. Whether you are having a girls night out or grabbing dinner with your significant other, this skirt is the perfect addition to your night. 


3. Bestie Brunchin'

You can definitely call me a Sunday regular at Chicago's best brunch spots. 
Whether you like to dress up for brunch or take things on the casual side, the Paris Ruffle Skirt can do both. I added a casual chambray top that could also be worn with a little side knot. To finish the outfit off I added a summer essential, espadrilles and a rattan purse. If you are more on the casual side of brunchin', swap out the chambray and throw on your favorite graphic tee and platform sneakers. 


If you are interested in the Paris Ruffle Skirt or any of August Bay's amazing pieces, use code "JULES10" for 10% off your order. Plus, they are offering free shipping & free returns during the entire month of June!


XOXO,

                      Jules




Photography by Elena Cuellar
*All edits are my own*



You Might Also Like

0 comments